Welcome to the Local 735 UAW Retirees website.
Elections: UAW Local 735 Executive Board
- The elections for UAW Local 735 Executive Board will be this year.
- April 9, 2014: Sign up at the membership meeting.
Chairperson, Co-Chair, Financial Secretary, Recording Secretary, 2 Trustee positions, 2 Member-at-Large positions, and Sargent-at-arms.
- May 14, 2014: Elections at the membership meeting.
Soaring Eagle Casino Trip
Trip Date: April 16th, 2014
Other Trips in Planning.
- Soaring Eagle Casino in Mount Pleasant
- Meet at Local 174, at 7:30 am
- Bus leaves at 8:am. Arrives back by 8:pm.
- Cost is $20.00 per person.
- All money has to be paid by April 9th, 2014.
- Donuts and coffee will be at Local that morning.
- We will have raffles on the bus.
- Contact Robena Johnson or Gwen Lester if you are interested in going.
It will be a good time.
Tiger Game Trip
Trip Date: August 28th, 2014
Other Trips in Planning.
- Meet at Local 174, at ?time? am
- Bus times to be announced.
- We have reserved 120 tickets for August 28th Tigers vs. Yankees.
- Last year we had 60 people that went, so this year lets fill up 2 buses.
- It's an afternoon game that starts at 1:30 pm
- Cost is $30.00 per person.
- All money has to be paid by: TBD
- Contact Ron Howell and get your name on the list to go.
Root, Root(Beer), for the home team …
LAW SUIT: Asbestos and Metal Cutting Fluids
- There have been several members of Local 735 contacted by a law firm concerning asbestos and metal cutting fluids that were used in our plant. This lawsuit does not involve General Motors or the Union.
- If you want more information you can call the following numbers:
- Asbestos: (855) 898-7800
- Metal Cutting Fluids: (800) 852-6299
We want all our members to pass along their favorite recipes. We are putting together a Local 735 Retiree cookbook, and Donna Hogue is in charge of gathering the recipes and putting the cook book together. We know there are a bunch of great cooks out there, you have all those family recipes, and we have a bunch of men who like to cook, bake or barbeque, so lets share with all our sisters and brothers and let them enjoy what we have enjoyed for years.
You can give your recipes to anyone on the Executive Board and we will make sure Donna gets them. Thank you Donna for taking this assignment on.
Bricks of Memories from the plant.
We have been asked by a number of our members if they could obtain a brick from our old Powertrain Hydra-Matic plant to keep as a souvenir.
Sterling Mullins has been in charge of this task and is keeping a list of members who are interested in getting one. Sterling has been in touch with the company that is doing the demolition and as of 2-12-2014, they are holding 2 pallets of bricks for us, that we can pick up when the weather cooperates with us. We are working on arrangements to distribute the bricks to everyone and when we finalize it we will be announcing at the meetings and on this website.
Contact Sterling if you want a brick or know of someone who would like a brick.
Pictures from the game.
You may want to view this full screen.
Class action about GM 401(k) $1 ⅔ Par Common Stock
Go to: gcginc.com
or cut and paste: www.gcginc.com/pages/case_archive_search.php
Find the "Case Search" box and enter: " state street bank and trust company "
Direct link to the notice: http://www.gcginc.com/cases/pdf/STT/STT_Notice_7.8.13.pdf
Take your Unionism to the next step.
Finally: an 'app' that might make me want a fancy cell phone.
See where your car ranks on 'made in USA' content.
Did it ever occur to you that
union workers aren't overpaid?
YOU are being underpaid?